- Dish type
These flapjacks have fibre from the oats and protein from the peanut butter - but your kids will just call them delicious! A great snack for kids when you want to give them something sweet that's still nutritious.
755 people made this
- 75g crispy rice cereal
- 150g porridge oats
- 75g sultanas
- 75g brown sugar
- 100ml golden syrup
- 125g crunchy peanut butter (I prefer unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:5min ›Extra time:35min › Ready in:45min
- In a large bowl, stir together the rice cereal and oats. Set aside. Grease a 23x30cm (9x13 in) baking dish.
- Combine the brown sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat just until boiling, then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the cereal and oat mixture, and mix well.
- Press into the prepared dish using the back of a large spoon. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(681)
Reviews in English (552)
. really easy to make - my 14 year old son did most of it! Soaked my sultanas in boiling water for 5 mins so they plumped up and were really moist. Absolutely delicious, ideal for packed lunches. Will definitely make this on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing the recipe.-25 Mar 2012
Very nice! To make it easier to get into the tin, I placed a piece of greaseproof paper over the top and squashed down with a potato masher.-18 Jul 2010
Didn't have any oats, so used 225g of crispies, and doubled up on the sugar, syrup and peanut butter, and it came out fine. I added my sultanas to the sugar/syrup mix, and they plumped up fine in there...oh and omitted the vanilla as I used half normal syrup, and half butterscotch flavored, and it tasted really toffee ish....yummy!!-12 Aug 2013