- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
- Courgette side dishes
Large courgette rounds topped with pizza sauce and cheese, then cooked on the barbecue.
95 people made this
- 1 large courgette
- 110g (4 oz) butter, melted
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 60g (2 oz) mozzarella cheese
- 1 (250g) jar tomato and herb pizza topping
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Slice the courgette into thick rounds. Combine the melted butter and crushed garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the coals on your barbecue are almost burned down, lay the courgette slices on the cooking grate. Let cook for three minutes, then turn over and brush the butter mixture on each slice. Cook for three more minutes and turn over again and brush the other side with the butter mixture.
- Cover the slices with pizza sauce and cheese and cook until the cheese melts.
If you can't find a large enough courgette, use a few smaller ones and slice them thick lengthwise.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(96)
Reviews in English (78)
Made it more kid friendly.This is a wonderfull treat. I added pepperoni and some parmesan cheese. The kids also loved it. Thanks for the recipe.-15 Sep 2008
What a great idea to use up those "monster" courgettes from the garden! I also added some chilli flakes to the butter/garlic.... they came out great! Would make again, unfortunately my kids have yet to like courgette, even this way. Oh well, their loss!-15 Sep 2008
This recipe was so easy and tasty. Barbecuing the courgette gave it a marvelous flavour that even the kids loved!-15 Sep 2008