- 1 cup dried California apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 pints vanilla bean ice cream
Cook apricots, sugar, and 1 cup water in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until apricots are plump, soft, and just beginning to break down, about 30 minutes. Transfer compote to a small bowl and let cool completely. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Rub mixture with your fingertips until butter is completely incorporated and mixture resembles wet sand. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 15–17 minutes. Let cool completely. DO AHEAD:Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Scoop 2 Tbsp. ice cream into each small jar or sturdy glass. Spoon 1 Tbsp. apricot compote over ice cream and top with 1 Tbsp. crumble. Repeat with remaining ingredients for 6 layers total. Freeze for 30 minutes to set.