- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 pound chicken livers, halved, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Line 2-cup dish or mold with plastic wrap, leaving overhang. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle livers with salt and pepper. Add livers and thyme to skillet. Sauté until livers are no longer pink in center, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add brandy; scrape up any browned bits. Place contents of skillet in processor. Add cheese; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pack pâté into prepared dish. Cover; chill 1 day. Unmold to serve.