- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1-inch-piece peeled ginger t(1/4 ounce), sliced
Place a fine-mesh sieve over a small bowl. Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced to a generous 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Strain sauce, discarding solids in sieve. Let cool. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Store airtight in refrigerator.